Stand-up Desk



I've wanted to have a standing desk at work for quite some time, and decided not to wait for my employer to fund one. This is a converter type that will rest on top of a standard 29" desk, and won't be adjustable.


Smaller projects like these are nice since it affords opportunities to utilize some single pieces that I have stored up. This clear piece of Sugar Maple had one small split I had to bolster with a key or "bow tie".

 
Frame will be a trestle style, made from this Tiger-Striped "mystery wood" my Uncle had stored in his garage for years.  



Grain pattern on the maple piece I selected for the mouse pad.


Patterns and rough-cut Maple support pieces


Final Mouse pad shape
I temporarily put the pieces together to check for size-Starting to come along nicely.


Final sanding in progress




Comments